Aussie Author Challenges Completion and Sign Up, 2012 and 2013
This year I signed up to my Aussie Author Challenge 2012 at the Dinky-Di level:
Read and review 12 books by at least 6 different Australian authors
I also signed up to the complementary 2012 Australian Women Writers Challenge at the Devoted Eclectic Miles Level:
6 books, many genres
Here is an inventory of reviews written by me during 2012 of titles by Australian authors:
Indelible Ink by Fiona McGregor
In the Winter Dark by Tim Winton
Love in the Years of Lunacy by Mandy Sayer
Due Preparations for the Plague by Janette Turner Hospital
Flavours of Melbourne by Jonette George and Daniele Wilton
The Vanishing Act by Mette Jakobsen
The Street Sweeper by Elliot Perlman
Las Vegas for Vegans by AS Patric
In summary, in 2012 I personally read and reviewed 19 books by Australian authors:
– 10 were authored by women
– 1 was non-fiction and another a collection of short stories, the rest novels
– 18 different authors are represented
– 4 were audiobooks
– fiction genres represented include: Literature, Chick Lit, Romance, Drama, Action-Adventure, Mystery, Thriller, Historical, Fantasy
Meaning I more than completed the Aussie Author and Australian Women Writers challenges set.
The following titles also authored by Australians were reviewed by my guest reviewers:
Australian Wine Vintages Guide 2013 by Robert Geddes
Produce to Platter: Yarra Valley and The Dandenongs by Jonette George and Daniele Wilton
Adventures of a Compulsive Traveller by Dominic Dunne
Disclosure: If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.
So, am I signing up for these challenges again? Of course.
Quite predictably, I am committing to the Fair Dinkum Level of my own Aussie Author Challenge 2013:
– Read and review 12 books by Australian Authors
– Ensure at least 4 of the authors are male, at least 4 of the authors are female and at least 4 of the authors are new to you
– Ensure at least 2 of the books are non-fiction and at least 4 fiction genres are represented amongst your 12 titles.
Balanced and diverse reading is the objective
And, I am committing to the Miles level of the 2013 Australian Women Writers Challenge:
Read 6 – review at least 4. But, since I review every book I read here on Booklover Book Reviews, I am altering that to ‘reviewing all 6’.
How many Australian authors did you read in 2012?
Are you signing up to these challenges in 2013?