Booklover Book Reviews Recap – July 2013
While I do not like wishing away time, I am always glad to see the back of July – never enough time for books.
Here is a quick recap of what happened at Booklover Book Reviews during July:
Book Reviews Published:
Click on the pictures to read the reviews
Disclosure: If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.
Other Bookish activities:
- In ‘A compulsion to read...’ I considered a recently published list of ‘must-read’ titles
- Launched giveaways of copies of This is Paradise by Kristiana Kahakauwila and The Flute Player by Shawn Mihalik and announced the winner of a copy of Lance Umenhofer’s And the Soft Wind Blows
- I welcomed Aussie Author Kate Forsyth to Booklover Book Reviews and she shared with us a behind the scenes look at the writing of The Wild Girl, in honour of its UK release
- I compiled a list of My Best Books of 2013 So Far…
- Compiled a selection of Book releases by Aussie Authors in August 2013 for you to get excited about
What’s planned for August?
- Publishing reviews of
Click on the pictures for book information
- Reading review titles Three Lives of Tomomi Ishikawa by Benjamin Constable and A Beautiful Truth by Colin McAdam and listening to the sequel to Aussie author Steve Worland’s 2012 action thriller Velocity, titled Combustion.
- I also hope to squeeze in at least one or two of the titles long-listed for the Man Booker Prize 2013 before the short-list is announced in September – top contenders are The Spinning Heart by Donal Ryan and A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki.
- I will also be doing a mid-year (not far off) Aussie Author Challenge Update