Booklovers of South-East Queensland, it’s officially time to get excited – you can now buy tickets to the 2016 Brisbane Writers Festival (7-11th September).
And this year’s program… another fantastic line-up brought together by Julie B and her talented team at UPLIT.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
Nick Earls: Be enchanted by Wisdom Tree Live, where surprise Festival Artists will be reading all five of Nick’s Novellas live for the very first time.
Annual BWF Great Debate: Watch the temperature gauge soar as Team Australia takes on the world with this satirical discussion on ideas and politics. Two teams including A.C. Grayling, Dave O’Neil, Yassmin Abdel-Magied and debate moderator David Astle will bring this heated debate to the stage.
Suki Kim : Five years ago Suki Kim went undercover in North Korea to infiltrate and understand a world built on secrecy and lies. Her investigations and insights form the fascinating New York Times bestselling non-fiction Without You, There Is No Us.
Jonathan Unleashed with Meg Rosoff: Reflects on writing humour, canine characters and shifting gears between YA to adult fiction for her latest novel.
Not Your Average Hero: Sarah Kanake and the Davitt and Ned Kelly Award winning Emma Viskic (Resurrection Bay) have both written powerful, curious and complicated protagonists who are set apart by living with a disability. Join them as they explore identity in literature.
My Last Continent, in conversation with Midge Raymond: Join us as she lifts the lid on the quiet magic that lies within her stunning debut novel set against the dramatic Antarctic landscape.
The Death of All Things Seen, in conversation with Michael Collins: Booker-shortlisted Irish author Michael Collins tackles complex family secrets set against the backdrop of the 2008 financial crisis in his new novel.
Plus masterclasses, in conversations and panel discussions featuring a host of well-known and emerging international and Australian authors such as:
- Chris Cleave – Everyone Brave is Forgiven
- Toni Jordan – Our Tiny, Useless Hearts, Fall Girl, Addition
- David Dyer – The Midnight Watch
- Justin Cronin – The Passage, The City of Mirrors
- Candice Fox – Eden, Hades
- David Levithan – You Know Me Well, Everyday
- Lucy Treloar – Salt Creek
- Caroline Overington – The One Who Got Away, No Place Like Home
- Gary Kemble – Bad Blood, Skin Deep
- Mark Tedeschi – Eugenia, Kidnapped
- Caroline Kepnes – Hidden Bodies, You
- Inga Simpson – Mr Wigg, Nest, Where The Trees Were
- Matthew Condon – Three Crooked Kings, All Fall Down
- Melina Marchetta – Tell The Truth, Shame the Devil, The Piper’s Son
- Maxine Beneba Clarke – Foreign Soil
- Tom Keneally – Shame and the Captives, Napolean’s Last Island
- Emily Maguire – An Isolated Incident
- Cass Moriarty – The Promise Seed
- Rajith Savandasa – Ruins
- Natasha Lester – A Kiss From Mr Fitzgerald
- and many more…
Set aside some time to explore the full 2016 program and devise your festival game plan.