Whether you are a patriotic Australian, an aspiring or armchair tourist or simply an international reader wanting to discover some talented new authors and interact with like-minded readers, the 2013 Aussie Author Challenge could be for you!
Now in its fourth year, I have decided to again offer 2 participation levels in the Aussie Author Challenge in 2013:
(1) TOURIST, for those who just want to dip their toe into the talent on offer from ‘down under’, and
(2) FAIR DINKUM, for those wanting to stretch themselves enough to unearth a few gems they may otherwise miss out on.
This dedicated page here at Booklover Book Reviews will be your one-stop shop for the challenge.
Read on to decide which level suits you and how to get involved!
Challenge Period: 1 January 2013 – 31 December 2013
– Read and review 3 books by at least 2 different Australian Authors
– Fiction or non-fiction, any genre.
– Read and review 12 books by Australian Authors
– Ensure at least 4 of the authors are male, at least 4 of the authors are female and at least 4 of the authors are new to you
– Ensure at least 2 of the books are non-fiction and at least 4 fiction genres are represented amongst your 12 titles.
Balanced and diverse reading is the objective here.
Each month during the challenge I will be highlighting:– new titles being released by Australian authors, and– notable reviews by challenge participants.Book releases by Aussie Authors in January 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in February 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in March 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in April 2013Book Release by Aussie Authors in May 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in June 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in July 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in August 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in September 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in October 2013Book Releases by Aussie Authors in November 2013
How to Join
1. Write a challenge sign-up post on your blog. In that post provide a link to this page and add the Aussie Author Challenge 2013 button to your sidebar, linking the button to this page so others can easily join in the fun.
2. Add your name and the direct link to your 2013 AUSSIE AUTHOR CHALLENGE Sign-Up post in the ‘Challenge Sign-Up Link List’ below, so I along with other challenge participants can check in and say g’day!
3. Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, share this with other challenge participants by adding a direct link to the ‘Challenge Book Review Link List’ below. When tweeting about reviews of titles by Aussie Authors or this challenge in general, use the hashtag #aussieauthor
4. When you have completed the challenge, add a link to your completion post to the ‘Completion Post Link List’ below.
Disclosure: If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.
Challenge Sign Up Link List
Challenge Book Review Link List
Completion Post Link List