I’m Jo, an Aussie book reviewer. I started this book review site in 2009 and quickly realized I enjoy blogging and reviewing books almost as much as actually reading them. Hope you enjoy browsing all the book reviews and author interviews I have amassed over that time and find a good book to read. Then, sit back in your favourite reading chair and join me in my future reading adventures, always in search of the best books to read!
Browse the several hundred book reviews on this site by genre:
Book format & special features:
Want only the best books to read? Browse book reviews by rating:
Latest Book Releases, Book Reviews & Author Interviews
- Vanderah’s The Oceanography of the Moon, Review: EnchantingThe Oceanography of the Moon, Glendy Vanderah’s enchanting third novel, is about shedding secrets, the power of love and redemption. Read my full review.
- The Ghosts of Paris by Tara Moss, Review: Fabulously feistyThe Ghosts of Paris is the thrilling second novel in Tara Moss’ wonderfully engaging Billie Walker PI historical mystery series. Read my full review.
- The Island by Adrian McKinty, Review: Propulsive readingAfter a shaky start, action-thriller The Island by Adrian McKinty (and its protagonists) find strength from within and prove compelling reading. Read my full review.
- A Tidy Ending by Joanna Cannon, Review: Sinister twisterA Tidy Ending, Joanna Cannon’s third literary release is a captivating journey into the mind of a uniquely compelling protagonist. Read my full review.
- I English U: RomCom author JR Laurence interview + #GiveawayRead Q&A with Author JR Laurence on I English U, an international romantic comedy novel. Plus, 2 ebook copies and 1 audiobook copy to giveaway worldwide thanks to Top Floor Books.
- The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley, Review: Engrossing in audioThe Paris Apartment, Lucy Foley’s latest psychological thriller is a dark, sinister and deeply unsettling take on the classic whodunnit. Read my full review.
- Brendan Colley: What inspired me to write The Signal LineToday Tasmanian author Brendan Colley joins us to discuss what inspired him to write his debut novel, The Signal Line and his journey to publication….
- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith, ReviewThe Last Painting of Sara de Vos, Dominic Smith’s fourth novel is a captivating multi-timeline literary mystery exploring the art of life. Read my full review.
- Dinner with the Schnabels by Toni Jordan, Review: HilariousDinner with the Schnabels features Toni Jordan’s wonderful recipe of intelligent comedic farce, cutting social commentary and heart. Read my full review.
- Sean Rabin’s inspiration for cli-fi thriller The Good CaptainAuthor Sean Rabin, author of new novel The Good Captain, shares with us what inspired him to write this ‘cli-fi’ thriller.
- Impossible (aka The Impossible Us) by Sarah Lotz, Review: ShimmersSarah Lotz’ Impossible is a wonderfully executed genre-bending novel that shimmers with romantic tension and pulsates with heart. Read my full review.
- The Good Mother: Author Rae Cairns Interview + #GiveawayToday I have the great pleasure of interviewing debut author Rae Cairns. We discuss her new thriller The Good Mother, her Ned Kelly Award shortlisting…