It seems like after only a few glorious Spring days in September we’ve now leap-frogged straight into steamy Summer weather here in Brisbane. October storm season, here we come…
Hey, that’s another great way to rationalize having multiple e-reading devices (I recently added a Nexus 7 to my collection – more on that soon), keep them charged and you’ll never be short of something to do in a power outage. ;)
Here is a quick recap of what happened at Booklover Book Reviews during September:
Book Reviews Published:
Click on the pictures to read the reviews
Disclosure: If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.
Other Bookish Banter:
- We celebrated a double birthday this month – that of this website (4 years old) and my own (a considerably bigger number). To honour the milestone I’ve run a month long International Birthday Book Giveaway where you get to choose your own prize – still a few hours left to enter before the month officially ends – don’t miss out!
- Looked at the titles short-listed for the Crime Writer’s Association Goldsboro Gold Dagger Award 2013. In particular congratulations to Mick Herron for his title Dead Lions, a personal favourite of mine, making the cut.
- Interviewed Mark Green, author of The Travel Auction where we discussed the significance of book covers, ebook pricing and marketing and pitching for a movie! We also launched an international giveaway of a signed paperback of The Travel Auction – entries close 5 October.
- Compiled a selection of Book releases by Aussie Authors in October 2013 for you to get excited about – lots of big names authors releasing titles this month and next.
I had some extra time while on leave so took the opportunity to do some tidying up on this site, so for those interested in the behind the scenes stuff…
- I’ve added new subscriptions icons to my sidebar and created a new subscription options page.
- I’ve also started using an image optimiser plugin that should make the page downloads faster.
- For a while now I’ve been looking for a way to have advertising on my site that’s much more book-centric and have now achieved that by joining the Litbreaker advertising network. I hope you’re enjoying seeing ads for upcoming book releases at the top of my sidebar rather than the more general fare previously shown there… I know I am. By the way, I get no extra commissions etc for mentioning Litbreaker in this post, but they were extremely helpful with the setup and I know they’re interested in adding a few more Aussie book bloggers to their publisher network.
What’s planned for October?
- I’m hoping to feature the following titles
Click on the pictures for book information
- I’m going to be pushing it for time but I really want to participate in German Literature Month in November organised by Lizzy and Caroline. Realistically I think I’ll only be able to manage two titles, one male and one female author. So this month I just need to decide which titles, get myself copies and start reading so I’ll be in a position to publish my reviews during November.
- I also expect to be launching another book giveaway, or two – you’ll just have to wait and see which titles ;)